Navan RFC holds certain personal information about members and where applicable their dependents for the purpose of administering the membership of the Club and to allow registration with the IRFU.
Personal data is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include, for example, your name, address, mobile number, or email address.
Navan RFC is transparent and clear in how your data is handled and we do not share or sell this data to any commercial organisations.
The personal data that you volunteer to us will be processed for the following purposes:
- To facilitate payments from you and proof of annual membership.
- To provide you with the information on any item you have requested from us.
- To send you texts, email alerts and newsletters that you have consented for and opted-in to receive by filling in our online forms or by other means.
- To have the relevant details should we need to contact you in the event of an injury or other urgent events.
How do we obtain and use the information?
- We obtain data directly from you to register you (and/or your dependent family members) as members of the Club and the relevant playing group(s) you are associated with.
- We obtain information from you so that players can be registered with the IRFU and are allocated an IRFU Number along with Playing ID Card.
- We obtain information for player Club Transfers so that the relevant Clubs and governing bodies can process the transfer correctly.
- We obtain information from coaches so that we can complete the mandatory Garda Vetting required for Underage Coaching.
The information obtained and once processed will be either returned to you (where possible) or we will confirm it has been erased/destroyed.
Your rights include the right:
- To request a copy of any personal data held by us about you (or dependent family members).
- The right to have such data corrected where it is inaccurate or misleading.
- The right to have this data deleted.
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data
However, your right as a data subject may not be exercised in certain circumstances such as when the processing of your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Such subject access requests should be sent to the Honorary Secretary Navan RFC by email to email@example.com with the title ‘Subject Access Request’ in the title. The same email address can also be used should you have any other queries on the content of this Privacy Notice or to make a complaint regarding how your data has been handled
Collection and use of Non-Personal Data.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you.
We will remove information from the membership system based on the following criteria …
- Payments that are older than 6 years will be deleted.
- Members previously registered but who have no payment against them for 2 years will be deleted.