Navan RFC U12s
- Managers: Geraldine O’Reilly(087 1883344) & Fiona O’Connor (086 8549600)
- Coaches:Head Coach: Brian Sheridan (086 8550401)(email: email@example.com) , Tiernan O Rourke, Gerry Sweeney, Darren Rennie, Damian Burke, Jane McSherry, Dave Ryan
Rugby in the u12’s group is focused on friends, fun, family and participation for all children. Our ambition is that all children taking part get to learn the basic skills and core values of the game in a fun and safe environment. Our new season will commence on Wednesday 30th August 2017 @ 07.00 PM, we offer a two-week trial period and after that registration can be completed via the online system on the navanrfc website.
Training will take part two times per week namely on Wednesday evenings at 7.00PM to 8.30PM and Saturdays 10.00AM to 11.30 AM. Games usually take part every second week on Sundays and are split evenly between home and away fixtures.
At u12’s level the key focus is to refine skills around ball handling, passing and identifying space to attack. Other key elements focus on continuity of play, support play among team members. All of this is performed through a platform of skills based games where possible.
We welcome and support players regardless of ability, experience or gender at any time of the season.
All the coaching staff believe and agree that rugby is about teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship.
The coaching staff take care to ensure that all players are involved in the sessions, irrespective of ability and that everyone will get a good degree of playing time at the various festivals and matches across the season.
Rugby membership benefits include;
– Dedicated Child Welfare Officer.
– Access to excellent club facilities and onsite club shop.
– Free sign up to regular club newsletter.
Away match day trips to support Senior VX squad.
– Participation in many competitive blitzes across the age groups.
– Half time matches at Senior XV
– End of season awards
– U12 international end of season tour and competition.
We hope that you had a lovely summer & look forward to seeing everyone at the start of the new season.